Search engine optimized (SEO) is optimizing a website in a manner where people can easily reach it via search engines like Google. SEO Friendly Articles is the key factor to affect your website’s placement on search engines. What’s the worth of your best-written articles when people cannot find them easily? The top website’s placement on search engines simply means better clicks, shared, likes, and engagement.
And if you don’t know who it works, these four steps might help:
1. A search query is incorporated into the search engine with various keywords.
2. Higher content ranking for a search query including keywords through strong SEO
3. Title attracts an interest while meta description helps in building upon readers interest
4. Content engages the audience.
While there are loads of significance of an SEO friendly content, creating such articles is definitely not an easy job. But as said “Hard work pays well”, so will your SEO friendly content. Once you get a position of the search engine; customers, clients or readers are exposed to your engaging content on the regular basis, and soon become loyal to your brand. This indicates an easy up-selling which equates to higher ROI.
After years of creating content for the various platform, I’ve picked up a few things about designing content strategies which feed the engagement/SEO-friendly machine. Here I have listed them in chronological order for maximum impact.
These eight steps are the key to your SEO optimized content:
1. Use engaging and attractive headlines and sub-headers,
2. Choose your keyword wisely,
3. Optimize the length of your article,
4. Optimize your image,
5. Writer high-quality content,
6. Organize your content,
7. Add social media options,
8. Add the links to your previous content,
Let’s learn about these golden step to take your website to higher rank in detail.
1. Use engaging and attractive headlines and sub-headers:
The foremost thing to do is finding an appropriate topic for your article. You might have a bunch of brilliant ideas, but still, you’ll need to do a little research and make sure they work. A good topic makes your writing skimmable and thus easier to read. Having headers and sub-headers also increases keyword saturation.
The things to consider while picking up a perfect headline and sub-headers:
• It should sound interesting to people,
• it should create curiosity.
• Make sure your idea is not overused one,
• Sub-headers should make your article easy to read,
• Too long or too short heading will be a disadvantage,
• Headline with keywords of your article will be great
2. Choose your keyword wisely:
For an SEO Friendly Articles, this is the most important step among all others. Before you sit down to create your content, decide the keywords you want to incorporate. You can pay a marketing service to do the task for you, or you can choose the keywords yourself – based on the results of the planned keyword searches. Using the keywords in the title, tags, headers andmain text is equally important.
Here are several tips for choosing your keyword wisely:
• Focus on long-tail keywords (4 words or more).
• Check thematic indices on Wikipedia, or explore topics of quora,
• Use several keyword research tools as SEMrush, Google Keyword Planner, Übersuggest
• Spying on your competitors for keywords with traffic,
• Perform a manual search in google and check the results of listed keywords.
3. Optimize the length of your article:
Google prefer longer articles (until it’s too long to bore your readers). An article with a minimum of 300 words is necessary. Talking about maximum, try to cap them around 700 or 800 words while your keywords should make up at least 1-2% of the text. You can also go for longer articles if your topics demand so.
4. Optimize your image:
Images definitely make your content interesting as well as shareable. attractive and relevant photos impact People’s behavior towards your website. Adding keywords to the image files along with the ALT tags is important in image optimization. Size of the photo also matters- too large will slow load time. Make the image small without compromising the visibility or quality.
5. Create a quality content:
Lately, if search engine traffic is your main goal, your SEO friendly content will make you suffer.In order to maintain both the search engines, potential customers and most importantly return visitors, you need to offer high-value content, above and beyond SEO. In other words, a “thin” content that ranks and get clicks will be a disadvantage for your site as well. They run the risk of being penalized by Google or have high bounce rates as well as low conversion rates. Which means, at the end quality content is the thing that matters the most.
6. Organize your content:
Read and re-read the latest draft out loud and making sure not to skip the subheads. A high-quality content will be useless if the lines and paragraphs are randomly arranged. Keep the most interesting paragraph as the initial part, followed by the useful ones. If possible arrange your content in chronological order. Rather than a lengthy paragraph, make it short or else add bullets.
7. Make your content shareable:
After you write an SEO-friendly, content-rich and interesting article, the next step is to make it shareable. Add plenty of social media buttons to your website. You can use the tools like ShareThis and AddThis for adding social media buttons to your website so that the people can share the content easily.
8. Add the links to your previous content:
Before you post your article, mention the links to high-quality, reputable websites as well as credible sources within the body of your article. The better links will help in higher ranking of your website and also creates trust with your readers. Reading all these steps and creating content accordingly is a tough task. But the hard work will eventually pay off. If you find the Search Engine Optimization a hard task, hire an SEO expert. But don’t post a content without it.